A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last chemo is tomorrow!!!

So, the last scheduled chemo treatment is TOMORROW! I am so glad this day is finally (almost) here! I will be going in and meeting with the Doc at 9:45 AM then on to chemo for about 4 hours. I know I will feel yucky for about 5 days...but I am ready for this now. I am so ready for this to be over with!

I am ready for my hair to come back; I am ready for my skin to stop looking so dry and wrinkly; I am ready to stop retaining so much water because of the nasty steroids; I am ready for my face to stop needing so much makeup; I am ready for my throat to stop hurting; I am ready for strange food cravings to end; I am ready to stop taking weird medications to keep from getting opportunistic infections; I am ready to not have to plan my life around when I will feel bad or good; I am just plain ready.

I know that radiation treatment will be a pain in the butt...having to go in and get zapped every day for 5-6 weeks is not what I'd call fun; however, I know that it will be much easier on me and my body than chemo.

I know that I will keep having to go every 3 weeks to get Herceptin through the port in my chest. It will take about 90 minutes each time for it to be administered--and I will do this every 3 weeks until October; however, I know that it will be NOTHING like the mess of poisons I have been receiving.

I know that I will have surgery about 6 months after my last radiation treatment. I still do not know what all this will entail; however, I know that I will be just fine.

I know that Breast Cancer sucks; however, I know it has changed me--and I am grateful for this odd gift (well, the fruits of it--I haven't gone that nutty).

Here's to no more poison...
Here's to lots more living!

Love,
Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment