A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last "Regular Radiation..." targeted begins tomorrow...

So, today I had my last "regular radiation" treatment. Tomorrow I begin my "targeted" or "boost" radiation of just the scar line. I learned today that the difference is that protons are aimed at the area (instead of electrons as have been the case with regular radiation). Hmmm...interesting.

Well, my skin is fairly trashed at this point. This is the latest pic of the burns under my arm. Yes, it hurts a bit...although I am still numb at the worst part...it is just the area beneath it that hurts (there is some swelling there).

I also took some pictures of the radiation machine...the "Linear Accelerator." The machine is the one I have been visiting every day. I also took a pic of my view during part of treatment.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to go through that ... that looks so painful.

    ReplyDelete