A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Keeping you Abreast of my, well, breast?

Okay...Here's the update:

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma; Estrogen and Progesterone Negative; and HER2 Positive. The stage and grade is still in question until the surgery and final biopsy is complete.

The mass looks to be very small...so far it looks like it is about .5 cm X .5 cm; the MRI that was done on both breasts and my armpits was "clean" except for the mass we already knew about. The mass is in my left breast, I found this myself back in March...thought it was a pulled muscle. It became VERY painful in May, and I scheduled an appointment when the pain just would not stop. Hey...glad I found it and did something about it!

My surgery is Wednesday, September 2, tomorrow. I am scheduled for 2:15 PM...have to be there at 12:30 or so. I am having a lumpectomy. My surgeon is going to try to prep me for Mammosite (a newer radiation method that targets only the specific area of the breast in question); additionally, my surgeon will be implanting a port for chemotherapy.

Becky, my sister is here in Florida to help me out during this...

I have asked Becky to post something on Facebook (using my account) to let you guys know I am doing okay and am in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment