A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Post-Surgical Follow Up Appointment on Thursday 9/24/09

Well, I have my follow up appointment tomorrow morning (okay, this morning if you are watching the clock)...with my Surgical Oncologist, Dr. John M. Cox, to discuss how I am doing since my double mastectomy last week. They will check on the incisions...the Jackson-Pratt drains, etc.

I will also get my pathology reports from the surgery...these actually scare me a bit, as last time (when I had the lumpectomy), there was so much more cancer than we had initially thought...this is when I learned that the MRI had missed the size/amount of cancer in my left breast, and that the MRI had missed the cancer in my lymph nodes. Hopefully, there was NO cancer in the right breast they removed...and none in the sentinel nodes they removed on the right as well. Also, I am desperately hoping that all of the damn cancer in the left breast was removed...with ample clear margins...dammit!

So...pathology report...we will also get the information from the Moffitt 2nd opinion I asked for on the 1st pathology report. Hopefully this will give me some additional information the original path report did not include (doc said Moffitt had estimated the stage at IIIa, still "early" but a hell of a lot different than stage I).

Anyway, will also find out about PET/bone scan (when it will be and where); and I should have a better idea about when I will be meeting with chemo and radiation oncologists. I have some decisions about whether or not I want to use the folks Dr. Cox recommends...I will be doing some research on this in the next couple of days...there are certainly no shortage of options in those departments.

Off to sleep...more very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment