A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chemo Session #2 Today...and week 3 after first chemo

Well, I have my 2nd of 6 chemo doses today. I got a good night's sleep and I am trying to get myself good and hydrated before the appointment.

I've been feeling very good this week! Monday through today (Thursday) have been fairly smooth-sailing. I had some energy...not a lot of fatigue issues, no nausea since Sunday, brain seems good (although I lose some words here and there), so it has been kind of nice! I hope I get a "break" like this with each treatment...it is just good for the soul!

My hair is coming out faster and faster. I have so much hair that it just looks thin at this point. Wow. Pretty weird stuff to run your hands over your head and have a good handful of hair after. So far, I have not had Becky cut it down shorter...I just didn't want to deal with the short stabbing little hair bastards all over me when they did come out...and I did not want to actually shave my scalp. Right now, I am shedding worse than my dog!

I have a few questions and issues to bring up with the Oncologist today. Nothing too major; however, I did see a new study regarding cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes (such as mine). It is a British study that is in the Annals of Oncology...shows that some have new receptor status when they spread...possibly one in three. I want to chat with my doc about that, as I am unsure as to what all was tested during the pathology studies. More later on that.

Otherwise, I am hoping that we continue with the diflucan...I am hoping to get through today without any incident...and no, I am really not looking "forward" to the treatment. I will say that I am glad that I will be 1/3 of the way done with chemo after today. That is good and I am happy about that! One More Down!

Well, off to prep...

Love,
Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment