A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Bone Scan, Monday, 10-12-09

The Bone Scan was scheduled for 9:45 AM on Monday, 10/12/09...my friend Cheri came in to town on the afternoon of the 11th, so she accompanied me for this test. This was again done at St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Arts Building. We went upstairs fairly quickly, I was ushered back to the same place where they did the PET Scan on Friday...they gave me the shot (again, it was encased in a leaded sheath)...then they told me to leave for 3 hours...walk around a mall or something, and drink lots of fluids. I had no idea that we had to come back after the injection! Oh well...Cheri and I went and hit the local JC Penney...heck, they were having one of their killer sales, so we went to town! On the way back to the test...we stopped in for a snack at Sonic.
So, the Bone Scan itself was a bit strange...this large plate comes down toward your face while you are laying down on the table...it takes about 30 minutes or so for all of the pics to be taken. The computer was near me, so after the pics of my head and upper torso were done, I was able to crank my neck around to look at the screen. Odd...I got to see my skeleton. That was cool. I could also see my bladder very clearly...the contrast was really hanging out in there. At first it freaked me out, but I figured...yeah, that would be my bladder.
So, Cheri and I left after this to go by Whole Foods...and then head back to the house. I was extraordinarily tired after this. I just lay down in bed and chatted on the phone until I crashed out. I felt like I had been hit by a truck by about 8PM that night. I slept until about 2AM, woke up and went back to sleep until about 9AM. I felt much better Tuesday morning...did a bit of work from home.
Anyway...still on the waiting game for results...

No comments:

Post a Comment