A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Friday, October 16, 2009

ECG and PET Scan 10-9-09

On October 9, 2009, I went in to St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Arts Building for my ECG and PET Scan. My friend, Lynda R. met me there to keep my nerves from going too crazy. I am glad she was there, although, I did feel kind of bad for her having to wait on me so long. The ECG was fairly quick...and there were no problems with the technician getting an image of my heart.
The PET Scan was interesting...this was the test I had to stay away from pregnant women and small children after the test...they brought the contrast injection out in a lead sheath...funny...they can inject me...! Well, I had to lay down for 1 hour and be as still and as quiet as possible for that time. Lynda got to watch me nap for an hour while the contrast worked through my system. So then, the PET Scan. I had to hold my arms above my head for about 25 minutes...they would have let me hold them to the side, but they get better images with the arms up...I am supposing they did the CT then the PET together. It was uncomfortable, but it was not too bad. My arms were totally asleep afterward though.
Anyway, just have to wait on results...

No comments:

Post a Comment