A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Chemo Weekend Uno...not too yucky...but it sure does smell bad ;-)

Well, this weekend was my first "recovery period" after chemo session 1 of 6. I felt pretty good getting up on Saturday, although I had heartburn and gas times 10. I was able to manage most of the symptoms with the medications that were prescribed...I even felt well enough to go out with Becky and Cheri to have lunch, do some touristy stuff, visit the SunCoast Seabird Sanctuary and the beach! Now, when I got home after that, I slept for about 14 hours (on and off).
The "bone pain" from the Neulasta is the absolute PITS. "Mild" is an understatement from hell. I trudged through it Saturday, but Sunday it was worse. I did some research on the Internet and found that some folks had good results taking Claritin (yep...that stuff). So, I researched that to ensure there were no counterindications with the meds I have had or am currently taking, I found none, so I tried the Claritin. It helped a bit...not a whole lot, but some.
Sunday was mostly a rest day. I napped and played on the computer some. I was really super gassy yesterday...reminded me of when I used to have my gallbladder :-) Oh well...
Battling a little with constipation...taking Colace to help...ate apples and spinach with dinner...I may regret that for a bit today, but it beats being stopped up. Meh. Funny how life changes you...used to be worried about this and that, and now all I want is "normal bowel movements!" LOL.
Still have some bone pain today. Less than yesterday, but the more I move around, the more it seems to alert me to its presence. Sheesh...feels like massive growing pains. I am not in the mood to grow anything, dammit.

~with love from the farty boobless one with "mild bone pain" in Florida,
Tory

1 comment: