A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Monday, December 7, 2009

Back at the gym on Sunday the 6th

Well, I felt motivated enough to head back up to the gym on Sunday, December 6th! I really felt pretty good after the first workout I did, so I endeavored to go it again!

Getting Ready: This time, I stuck with the black beanie I wore on my head last time (I have not seemed to have found the time to make more beanies/berets--must do this!!!)...I wore bigger pants and a nice, roomy shirt over the jog bra and breast forms. I will say that the breast forms do like to travel a bit while I am working my arms...funny they seem to want to hang out together right in the front middle of my chest. This time, I just made an annoyed face and nonchalantly relocated them. I did have to do this a few times...and that is just weird. Oh well, I figure I see enough men adjusting themselves that it can't appear that unusual. AND, I decided not to really care that much this time--it worked somewhat well!

My perceptions at the gym: This time, I felt less self-conscious. I really think the bigger shirt helped! I still wish I felt more comfortable with the idea of being mostly bald on my head...but I am not sure I will get over that. Hell, I am not going to stress it too much--if it makes me uncomfortable, I will just make adjustments and carry on!!!

My workout: I worked out for 1.5 hours this time! I seemed to have the energy level to do about 30 minutes of cardio (on the evil elliptical, no-less), and I broke a good sweat! Hey, it kicked my ass a bit, but I kept pushing through the fatigue. Felt really nice afterward to do some arm and leg work. Once again, my body seemed to like the stretches...felt good!!!

I really hope I can keep this up moving forward. It felt nice...yes, it was tiring, but such is life!

~Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment