A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chemo Part 4 was NO FUN!!!

Well, I guess it had to happen sometime...

I was down big-time after this round of chemo. Yes, I am thinking that the cold/bronchitis (whatever) I had to go along with it considerably added to the "experience..." This was one of those events that you hear chemo is like...the vomiting, the diarrhea, cold sweats, hot sweats, room spinning--please just let me sleep through this!!! Well, that would have made the bed messy! So, I endured by sitting naked on the toilet with my bathroom trash can in my lap. Yep--both ends evacuating at the same time.

I couldn't even keep my anti-nausea meds down...or anything else down for that matter, so they were no use. I do know that there are dissolveable meds you can put on your tongue...but honestly, I wanted to puke out whatever was in there...and it didn't last too long.

Saturday was when most of this hit me...so I just puked, shat and slept (when not performing the aforementioned.) I honestly wondered when it would be over! Luckily, I felt better by Sunday...was even able to clean up after myself a bit. Monday, I felt lots better...even trekked up to the office for work! Now that is perserverance--dammit!

Dear toilet and trashcan:
I know, you did not deserve that, but thanks for being there! Oh, and you are welcome for the Lysol and bleach.
Love,
Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment