A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Massage Last Night...

Oh yeeeesssss...that was nice!

I found a local massage school, Cortiva Institute, that has evening and weekend clinics that suit my schedule, so I went to the Wednesday night 6:30 PM "clinic." They were a little concerned about working on me, but I informed them that my doc had suggested it and that I was not at all in pain or sedentary. They opted to do a very "light" massage on me just to cover themselves...since I did not think to bring a doctor's note. The trainee was just fabulous! Did a wonderful job...I felt so good and relaxed afterward!!!

After we were done, the staff there asked for my Doc's name to get in touch with his group...to see if they could do some work with the patients...I think that would be a great idea! I provided the info and need to let my doc know the next time I see him.

Interestingly, they invited me to their "Special Populations" class this Saturday...It is a free session...one hour, wherein the students get to work with people with special needs and/or conditions. I signed up for the last slot...just need to try to get the doc to send over a note before then...I have to laugh though, I've never been in a "special population!!!" Hmmmm....not sure if I dig that or not!!!

Anyway, I highly recommend this to anyone going through chemo that is not sedentary...I found that, while I had been retaining LOTS of fluids (especially in my midsection and thighs), my swelling went down within the next 18 hours or so...WOW! I dig less fluid retention! My pants just fit better!!!

With love,
relaxed and less-swollen Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment