A strange gift indeed: My life beyond breast cancer...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Feelin' better...

Well, as is the typical pattern, I had about 5 days of feeling very puny after my chemo session. Honestly, it  was more like 4 days...but it sure did feel longer.

Yesterday was pretty good; however, I had some stomach issues (nausea, a little bit of vomiting), but nothing that was intense or uncontrollable (with the anti-nausea meds and/or Gaviscon). My brain was still a bit fuzzy yesterday, and I am still finding trouble locating words at times to make my point or describe something...but this is much better than the first few days post chemo.

I find that I am retaining a bit of water...my clothes feel a bit tight around my waist and thighs. This started to wane a bit starting last night, and I know it will get better today and tomorrow with more movement. Hell, I spent a few days in bed guys!

Anyway, my sister buzzed my hair down to 1/2 an inch. Well...if you can call it hair. It really looks like fine baby hair. Funny, the feeling of the wind or a breeze on your scalp is not one I am used to. I am taking the time to notice this sort of thing and just feel it. Feels pretty cool--and, well, cool temperature wise too!

I did some yoga yesterday AM and some stretches this AM...feels really really good!

Well, I am off to career-land! Hope you are all enjoying your day...on purpose! We have so much to be thankful for!!!

~Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment